Sabado, Abril 27, 2013

THE DIAMOND OF THE WOMAN I AM TODAY

Hey ya! So you're here reading my blog post. You might be bored or something. But thanks, anyway! :)

As my first post, I would like to introduce myself, and a little glance over my life, and how did I get to this blogging thingy. I am a 24 year-old woman, mother of two, and a single mother. Yes, single, not by my choice, but I guess it's fate. Let me take you to the dark days of my life so that you can also appreciate how happy I am to be in the light right now. 

When I was becoming a lady, I knew in my heart that I am different in a way I really can't figure out yet. Life was so easy back then. I already had faith in God, confidence in myself, parents that provide everything I will need, sisters I share the same interests with, some friends I always trust. And then one day I fell in love with this guy so hard. So hard that even if God was showing me signs that he's not the one, I would still be stubborn and insist what I wanted. So hard that I was willing to do everything to make him stay, even if it meant dragging myself down to the aisle, and settling to a life I never did wish for. And boom! I found myself married to this guy, doing the laundry, cleaning the house, throwing the trash bag, feeding the dogs with the leftovers, my life totally changed. I didn't feel confident about myself anymore, no parents and sisters to watch TV with, I cut connections with my real friends, the only thing that's left was my faith in God.

Things got even worst. People change, feelings fade. He was not the same guy anymore. After my sacrifices and dedication to be a perfect wife, in return, he used to neglect my existence and worth. I was a battered wife. I don't want to go to details to still protect the identity of my ex-husband. But I felt that it was a long long long night, endless pain, rivers of tears. The only thing that kept me from wanting to wake up the next morning was my faith in God. Those were the years that really crushed me from the bones to the spirit, devastated my soul, and ruined my everything. I still felt that God was watching, that He knew every single thing that's going on. Every night, my faith in God just got deeper and deeper. It's true that when you have nothing, you have everything. God is everything to me.

God knows how far He will take you. And when He put an end to it, He will make sure to provide you the strength and grace that you will be needing along the process. When He removes someone from our lives, it will be a total removal. God protected me and saved me. For some reason I can't explain, when my ex-husband left me, I felt the peace in my heart. That feeling you get when the storm have passed and you see the sunlight? That's exactly how I felt. It was really God taking over my life.

And right now, I am very happy to be with my two handsome kids, to live again with my parents, to enjoy bonding with my sisters and finally to stay connected again with my true friends. It feels so good to be back in love with myself, to bring back the smile in my face, to laugh again, to be confident about myself again, to bring back the groove back in me. Kelly Clarkson was right, "In the end, the day you left was just my beginning." I lost myself once and for a long time, and I am not going to lose it again, ever. What I've been through, I will use it as a roadmap to where I am going, and for where I will never ever go again. The ashes of the lady I used to be turned me into the diamond of the woman I am today.

And now, this is my blogsite officially: thekickasswoman.blogspot.com Expect that I will be posting fashion thingy such as outfit-of-the-day, photoshoot adventures, favorite items and more. And also other things that I love like music, cooking, friendship, and everything else about motherhood. And oh! Jim Sturgess of course! Haha! Feel free to leave a comment each time. Til next time! :)

With so much love,

Angelique






I am posting my favorite shots below. God bless everyone! :)


Photographer : Randy Benigno
HMUA/Stylist : Jerose Mascarinas
Photographer : Randy Benigno
HMUA / Stylist : Jerose Mascarinas







Photographer : Randy Benigno
HMUA / Stylist : Jerose Mascarinas
























Photographer : Marck Brendo Alfaro
Stylist : Marse Farinas

11 komento:

  1. Hey cuz! finally!! congrats for having ur own blog site. .i was really right.. u have the talent and skills to be a good blogger and become famous someday!! u have the potential.. even before, i can see u writing ur own blog.. and i am very happy that finally u decided to give in! hehe!! i'm super proud of you!! anyway, i have to say that this first post was brilliant! i super love it.. keep it up girl!!! i love u!! and always remember, im always here whenever u need me. i am just a text away! lovelots, ajeng.

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Huhu, this comment made me cry. Yup, I remember you always say that I should start my own blogsite but I was afraid and thought I was not capable. But when my breakup became my BREAK-OVER, I felt that I have so much emotions and thoughts, I can't keep it anymore. I really need to write it down. Taa-dah! I created my own blogsite officially! Haha! Thanks for the love and support Ajeng! And for believing in me from the start. I will blog about my giniling, caldereta and make up. Haha! Please start your own blog too! I will be waiting for your carbonara and mommy journey. God bless you and your family! :) Love you!

      Burahin
    2. Wahaha..i don't have the guts..I don't know where to start..unlike you.. may pinaghuhugutan na talaga..wahahaha..joke! siguro someday when I feel like my "calling" na ko.. then i can give it a try..but for now, corporate emails lang siguro ang kaya kong gawin.. hehe.. =) nwei, congrats again.. mwaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

      Burahin
  2. gandoo teh.. muntik n kong maiyak, honestly... after reading your blog, i finally understand what you're going through and what you've been through. Thank God, for still giving you a bright future. Yah! You're right, we are here for you no matter what, we are your family. God bless you in all your plans. I am indeed so proud of you, sabi na may future ka sa mga ganyan, kaya nga ikaw pinagagawa ko sa mga essays ko nung college..hehe Love you a lot!

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Hahaha! Wala naman ako ine-expect na future sa pagba-blog ko. Basta I can keep my thoughts here, okay na ko don. Pero malay natin baka mapansin din ng iba diba. I give my best nalang. So now medyo nadala kita sa malalim na parte ng pagkatao ko, right? Di kasi tayo nakapagusap ng harapan talaga about it noh? Anyway, I thank God for new beginnings! Love you too! :)

      Burahin
  3. ngyun alam ko na kung bkt... well ito lang ma sasabi ko! Eh LOKO pla yun eh... okay lang yan ngayun malaya kana... ahhaha

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Haha yes, Dude. Now you know na. I don't hate him, I thank him kasi he made me this strong. Thanks sa support! God bless you! :)

      Burahin
  4. Weeh! I'm so happy for you my dearest friend. God is really using you to inspire others more and more. :) I really thank God because He gave me a friend like you. Congratulations to your new blog and I'm excited to read more of your post!

    Keep Blogging. :)


    xoxo
    Marse

    TumugonBurahin
  5. That story made me bit teary-eyed. You touched my heart for sharing to the whole world what you went through and how you managed to lean on God rather than being a loner. Surely, many woman out there will appreciate your upcoming stories.

    You have a good heart I believe so. Keep up the faith girl.

    So excited to see more of your blogs hot mama! =)

    TumugonBurahin
  6. Your blogging skill is way better than mine. I was captivated by your story! Hmmm.. thumbs up for that!

    TumugonBurahin